The MLB schedule on Monday includes the San Diego Padres facing the Chicago Cubs.
We've got you covered, in terms of the most important information about this matchup before you take a look at the MLB odds and spreads on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Padres vs Cubs Game Info
- San Diego Padres (19-10) vs. Chicago Cubs (9-17)
- Date: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Venue: PETCO Park -- San Diego, California
Padres vs Cubs Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SD: (-168) | CHC: (+142)
- Spread: SD: -1.5 (+130) | CHC: +1.5 (-156)
- Total: 7.5 -- Over: (-106) | Under: (-114)
Padres vs Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers
The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the San Diego Padres looking to MacKenzie Gore (2-0), and Kyle Hendricks (1-3) taking the ball for the Chicago Cubs.
Padres vs Cubs Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Padres win (61.4%)
Padres vs Cubs Moneyline
San Diego is a -168 favorite on the moneyline, while Chicago is a +142 underdog on the road.
Padres vs Cubs Spread
The Cubs are +1.5 on the runline against the Padres. The Cubs are -156 to cover, and the Padres are +130.
Padres vs Cubs Over/Under
The Padres-Cubs game on May 9 has been given an over/under of 7.5 runs. The over is set at -106 and the under at -114.
Padres vs Cubs Betting Trends
- The Padres have been chosen as favorites in 18 games this year and have walked away with the win 13 times (72.2%) in those games.
- San Diego is not lost in seven games this year when favored by -168 or better on the moneyline.
- Contests with San Diego have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 11 of 27 chances this season.
- The Cubs have compiled a 7-13 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 35% of those games).
- Chicago has a 3-5 record (winning just 37.5% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline underdog of +142 or longer.
- Chicago has had an over/under set by bookmakers 26 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 12 of those games (12-11-3).