Magic vs. Clippers Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Amway Center -- Orlando, Florida
- Coverage: BSFL and BSSC
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with 11 more games, including a battle between the Los Angeles Clippers and Orlando Magic. The Clippers mounted a late comeback to take down the Charlotte Hornets 119-117 on Monday. John Wall led the way with 12 points & 12 assists.
Meanwhile, the Magic fell short in a 109-102 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks their last time out on Monday. It was Orlando's ninth loss in a row as it shot just 36.6% from the floor and 25.0% from three-point range. Rookie Paolo Banchero had an uncharacteristically bad night, making 4 of his 16 shots.
Magic vs. Clippers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAC: (-270) | ORL: (+220)
- Spread: LAC: -7 (-110) | ORL: +7 (-110)
- Total: 216 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Clippers enter this contest as notable road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 216 points, which is one of the lowest totals among Wednesday's slate.
Magic vs. Clippers Betting Trends
- The Clippers have gone 11-14-0 against the spread this season.
- So far this season, the Magic have been installed as underdogs by a 6-point margin or more 17 times and are 8-7-2 ATS in those contests.
- Clippers games have gone over the total eight times out of 23 chances this season.
- Magic games this season have hit the over on 11 of 23 set point totals (47.8%).
- Against the spread, Los Angeles has played worse when playing at home, covering five times in 13 home games, and six times in 12 road games.
- Orlando's winning percentage against the spread at home is .636 (7-4-0). On the road, it is .250 (3-7-2).
Magic vs. Clippers Prediction & Pick
It's worth pointing out that both Paul George and Kawhi Leonard have returned from their respective injuries for the Clippers. The two All-Stars combined to log 35 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists in the victory on Monday night. LA is now aiming to win back-to-back games for the first time in December.
It has a perfect opportunity to do just that as Orlando ranks 26th in defensive efficiency this season and is allowing 115.7 points per home game (23 in NBA). The Magic are also turning the ball over 16.5 times per game (No. 27 in NBA), which leaves tons of fast-break scoring chances for their opponent.
The Clippers are 16-1 straight up in their last 17 games against the Magic, so I'll back LA here.
Final Score Prediction: Magic: 101 | Clippers: 110
Magic vs. Clippers Best Bet
Even though Leonard and George are back, the Clippers have ruled out a few key role players for tonight's action. John Wall, Marcus Morris, Norman Powell and Luke Kennard will not be suiting up against the Magic. Head coach Ty Lue is going to have to rely on some reserves to step up in action.
LA's lack of depth combined with the fact that Orlando ranks 28th in offensive efficiency makes the under a smart bet. The total has hit the under in 13 of the Clippers' last 20 games as well as in four of their last five matchups against the Magic. Don't expect either team to shoot the lights out in this one.
Bet: Under 216 Points (-108)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.