Clemson vs Virginia Game Info
ACC Championship Game 2019
No. 3 Clemson Tigers (12-0, 8-0 ACC) vs. Virginia Cavaliers (9-3, 6-2 ACC)
Date: Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019
Time: 7:30 p.m. EST
Venue: Bank of America Stadium – Charlotte, NC
Clemson vs Virginia Spread & Odds
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: CLEM: (N/A) | UVA: (N/A)
Spread: CLEM: -28.5 (-110) | UVA: +28.5 (-110)
Total: 56.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages via oddsFire: CLEM: 35% | UVA: 65%
Odds to Win 2020 College Football Playoff: CLEM: (+140) | UVA: (N/A)
Bank of America Stadium Capacity
- Bank of America Stadium's seating capacity is 75,412.
Clemson vs Virginia Head-to-Head Record & Betting Trends
- Clemson defeated Virginia, 59-10, at home in the most recent meeting between these two programs on Nov. 2, 2013.
- Clemson is 4-1 in the last five head-to-head matchups with Virginia.
- Clemson is 6-4 in the last 10 head-to-head matchups with Virginia.
- Clemson has won four straight ACC championship games, dating back to 2015.
- Clemson has outscored its opponents in each of the last two ACC championship games by a combined margin of 67 points.
- Clemson is 5-1 in its six all-time appearances in ACC championship games.
- Saturday's matchup with Clemson marks Virginia's first appearance in an ACC championship game.
- When the 2019 ACC championship game spread was first released by FanDuel Sportsbook, Clemson opened as a 27-point favorite.
- Clemson defeated South Carolina, 38-3, on the road in Week 14.
- Virginia defeated in-state rival then-No. 24 Virginia Tech, 39-30, at home in Week 14 to win its first Commonwealth Clash since 2003.
- Clemson is the favorite to win the 2020 College Football Playoff, according to FanDuel Sportsbook.
Clemson College Football Playoff Prediction
- If Clemson defeats Virginia in Saturday's 2019 ACC championship game, the Tigers are all but guaranteed a berth to the 2020 CFP.
- If Virginia upsets Clemson, there's still a chance we see the Tigers make the final top-4 CFP Rankings, which would likely send the Cavaliers to represent the ACC in the 2019 Orange Bowl on Dec. 30, 2019.
Orange Bowl Projections
- If Clemson defeats Virginia in Saturday's 2019 ACC championship game, the Cavaliers will likely represent the ACC in the Orange Bowl.
- Even if Virginia upsets Clemson, there's still a chance we see the Tigers make the final top-4 CFP Rankings, which would then likely send the Cavaliers to the represent the ACC in the Orange Bowl in the same result.
- If LSU defeats Georgia in Saturday's 2019 SEC championship game, the Bulldogs will likely qualify for the 2020 Sugar Bowl and the Cavaliers would then likely face either Florida or Alabama in the Orange Bowl, depending on which team ranks higher in the final CFP Rankings on Sunday.
- If Georgia upsets LSU in the SEC championship game, we could see both the Tigers and Bulldogs qualify for berths to the 2020 CFP, which would then likely send the lower-ranked SEC team between Alabama and Florida to face Virginia in the Orange Bowl (with the higher-ranked SEC team likely qualifying for the Sugar Bowl in Georgia's place).
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.