Cover Photo: Getty Images
Astros vs Rays Game Info
Houston Astros (0-0) vs. Tampa Bay Rays (0-0)
Date: Thursday , March 28, 2019
Time: 4 p.m. EST
Location: Tropicana Field – St. Petersburg, FL
Astros vs Rays Betting Info & Starting Pitchers
All betting odds, lines and props available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: HOU: (-140) | TB: (+120)
Spread: HOU: -1.5 (+128) | TB: +1.5 (-150)
Total: 6.5– Over: (-118) | Under: (-104)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: HOU: 38% | TB: 62%
Starting Pitchers: HOU (J. Verlander) | TB (B. Snell)
Astros vs Rays Betting Trends & Stats
- In 2018, the Rays had the second-best run line record in the MLB at 92-70.
- Houston had the 11th-best run line record at 87-83.
- The Astros had the seventh-worst record against the over in the MLB last season at 75-86-9.
- Tampa hit the over 73 times last season – 47.1 percent of the Rays' total games.
Astros vs Rays Prop Bet
All Astros-Rays prop bets and odds are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- 1st Inning Total Runs: 1 Run (+370) – The Astros may have struggled in the opening frame last season with the 10th-fewest first-inning runs in the MLB, but the Rays could help carry this combined scoring effort. Tampa finished last season with the ninth-most runs in the first inning, and the Rays are returning a very similar offense this year. Plus, the Astros are starting the season healthy with their full squad, something they rarely had a year ago.
Build your free bracket today, unlike other brackets, our $250,000 payout is guaranteed! It’s tournament time, and this year, you can get a piece of the action for FREE. Fill out your free bracket today, then come back to bet all throughout the tournament. https://www.fanduel.com/march-madness
Dan O'Shea is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Dan O'Shea also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username Doshea93. While the strategies and player selection recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and plater selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.