Fiesta Bowl Game Info
No. 11 LSU Tigers (9-3) vs.
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2018
Time: 1 p.m. EST
Fiesta Bowl Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props via FanDuel Sportsbook
Moneyline: LSU: (-300) | UCF: (+240)
Spread: LSU: -7.5 (-110) | UCF: +7.5 (-110)
Total: 55.5 | Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: LSU: (59%) | UCF: (41%)
A $25 bet on UCF on 8/31/2017 and letting it ride would currently be worth over $14,000. And if they beat LSU it’ll be around $49,000. Can you imagine...— Ben Bower (@bbower23) December 6, 2018
Fiesta Bowl Betting Trends & Stats
- Despite losing its star QB, McKenzie Milton to a gruesome leg injury
- UCF hasn't lost a game since Dec. 17, 2016, winning 25 consecutive games over this span.
- Since 2000, only three programs have managed to win 25 consecutive games: Alabama (26, 2015-16), Florida State (29, 2012-14) and Miami (31, 2000-03).
- Group of Five teams (UCF) have gone an astonishing 4-1 against Power Five opponents (LSU) in the previous five years of New Year's Six Bowl game slates.
- UCF is just 3-17 against SEC opponents all-time, but 2-1 against SEC opponents in bowl-game matchups.
Since the end of WW2, only five Div. 1 programs have posted back-to-back undefeated seasons:— J.P. Scott (@TheJPScott) December 6, 2018
Penn State 68-69
With a win over LSU in the @Fiesta_Bowl , #UCF would become the sixth.
Each Team's Best Win
- LSU: vs No. 2 Georgia (36-16) –
- UCF: vs No. 24 Cincinnati (38-13) –
Fiesta Bowl Prop Bets
- Away Team (LSU) Total: 31.5 Points (-110) – LSU's recipe for success is practically the exact opposite of UCF as the Tigers win through defensive dominance rather than offensive track meets. Not to mention, Central Florida's defense has been flying under the radar in the shadow of UCF's explosive offense all season. The Knights are allowing just 23.2 points per game on the season – only 0.4 PPG more than LSU's highly-touted defense (22.8 PPG).
Say what you will, but if UCF beats LSU they’re about to win back-to-back National Championships.— B. Fox of Bearcats Sports Radi (@BearcatsRadio) December 6, 2018
- Home Team (UCF) Total: Over 24 Points (-110) – Central Florida's 25-game winning streak is built around offensive firepower and success, and the Knights head into the Fiesta Bowl with the No. 5 scoring offense in the nation (44.7 PPG). Despite losing their star offensive catalyst in Milton for the American title game, the Knights still hung 56 points on Memphis with backup QB Darriel Mack Jr.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.