Bowl game season is an exciting time in college football. Schools across the nation will battle it out for postseason glory and a chance to end their year on a high note.
One team that's no stranger to playing in bowl games is the Utah State Aggies. Here's everything you need to know about Utah State's bowl history before making its next appearance.
Utah State Bowl Game History
Utah State has frequented the college football postseason more often in recent years. The Aggies have played in 15 bowls across the school's history (10 since 2011).
The Aggies made their first bowl appearance in 1946 as part of the Mountain States Conference. They fell in a 20-0 loss against San Jose State in the Raisin Bowl that year.
There was a time when Utah State struggled to qualify for bowl games, playing just four between 1960 and 2010. Things have been much different over the last decade or so, though. The Aggies made another postseason appearance in 2022, but fell 38-10 to Memphis in the First Responder Bowl.
Utah State Bowl Game Wins and Appearances
Utah State owns a 6-10 all-time record in bowl games. Check out the school's full bowl results below.
- Raisin Bowl (Jan. 1, 1947): San Jose State 20, Utah State 0
- Grape Bowl (Dec. 13, 1947): Pacific 35, Utah State 21
- Sun Bowl (Dec. 31, 1960): New Mexico State 20, Utah State 13
- Gotham Bowl (Dec. 9, 1961): Baylor 24, Utah State 9
- Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 17, 1993): Utah State 42, Ball State 33
- Humanitarian Bowl (Dec. 29, 1997): Cincinnati 35, Utah State 19
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 17, 2011): Ohio 24, Utah State 23
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 15, 2012): Utah State 41, Toledo 15
- Poinsettia Bowl (Dec. 26, 2013): Utah State 21, Northern Illinois 14
- New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 20, 2014): Utah State 21, UTEP 6
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 22, 2015): Akro 23, Utah State 21
- Arizona Bowl (Dec. 29, 2017): New Mexico State 26, Utah State 20
- New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 15, 2018): Utah State 52, North Texas 13
- Frisco Bowl (Dec. 20, 2019): Kent State 51, Utah State 41
- LA Bowl (Dec. 18, 2021): Utah State 24, Oregon State 13
- First Responder Bowl (Dec. 27, 2022): Memphis 38, Utah State 10
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.