Red Sox vs Astros Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for May 17
By Duel Staff
The Boston Red Sox are among the MLB teams in action on Tuesday, up against the Houston Astros.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's everything you need to know.
Red Sox vs Astros Game Info
- Boston Red Sox (14-21) vs. Houston Astros (23-13)
- Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Venue: Fenway Park -- Boston, Massachusetts
Red Sox vs Astros Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-126) | HOU: (-108)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (-176) | HOU: +1.5 (-215)
- Total: 8.5 -- Over: (-122) | Under: (+100)
Red Sox vs Astros Probable Starting Pitchers
The Boston Red Sox will give the start to Nathan Eovaldi (1-1, 4.40 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Astros will counter with Jose Urquidy (2-1, 4.40).
Red Sox vs Astros Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Astros win (51.0%)
Red Sox vs Astros Moneyline
- The Red Sox vs Astros moneyline has Boston as a -126 favorite, while Houston is a +108 underdog on the road.
Red Sox vs Astros Spread
- The Astros are 1.5-run underdogs against the spread for this matchup with the Red Sox. The Astros are -215 to cover, while the Red Sox are +176 to cover as a 1.5-run favorite on the runline.
Red Sox vs Astros Over/Under
- An over/under of 8.5 has been set for Red Sox-Astros on May 17, with the over being -122 and the under +100.
Red Sox vs Astros Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have been favorites in 15 games this season and have come away with the win seven times (46.7%) in those contests.
- This season, Boston has come away with a win seven times in 15 chances when named as a favorite of at least -116 or shorter on the moneyline.
- Boston and their opponents have gone over in 10 of their 36 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Astros have a 3-5 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 37.5% of those games).
- Houston has gone 3-5 when it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of -102 or longer (37.5%).
- Houston has played in 35 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 10 times (10-24-1).