NBA Defensive Player of the Year Odds Favor Anthony Davis Over Rudy Gobert and Surging Myles Turner
The 2020-21 NBA season has rolled past the first month and the market with the smallest change in odds is Defensive Player of the Year. That's with one exception - Myles Turner.
The Indiana Pacers big man has moved up sharply to +500 after starting the season at +3300 odds to win NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Turner is the NBA's runaway leader in blocks, averaging 4.1 per game. He even had 6 blocks against the Toronto Raptors Jan. 24 while playing with a slightly fractured hand.
The two leaders remain unchanged although LA Lakers star Anthony Davis has seen his odds dip down to +180, ahead of Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert (+300). Davis is averaging a team high 8.9 rebounds, 1.4 steals plus 1.9 blocks. Gobert leads the Jazz and is top-3 in the league in rebounds (13.8) and blocked shots (2.8).
Joel Embiid has moved up sharply as a strong candidate for NBA MVP, and his Defensive Player of the Year odds have also dropped to +1000 after starting the season at +1600. He's averaging 11.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks and scoring 27.7 points per game.
Here's FanDuel Sportsbook's updated list of leaders and odds for NBA Defensive Player of the Year as the season heads towards February.
1. Anthony Davis, F/C, Los Angeles Lakers (+180)
2. Rudy Gobert, C, Utah Jazz (+300)
3. Myles Turner, F/C, Indiana Pacers (+500)
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo, G/F/C, Milwaukee Bucks (+750)
5. Ben Simmons, PG, Philadelphia 76ers (+950)
6. Joel Embiid, F/C, Philadelphia 76ers (+1000)
7. Bam Adebayo, F/C, Miami Heat (+1300)
8. Kawhi Leonard, SF, Los Angeles Clippers (+3300)
9. Clint Capela, C, Atlanta Hawks (+5500)
10. Draymond Green, F/C, Golden State Warriors (+5500)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!