Mets vs Royals Odds, Probable Pitchers and Prop Bets for Saturday, August 17
By Max Staley
Mets vs Royals Game Info
New York Mets (62-60, 28-39 Away) vs. Kansas City Royals (44-78, 24-37 Home)
Date: Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019
Time: 7:15 p.m. EST
Venue: Kauffman Stadium – Kansas City, MO
Mets vs Royals Betting Info & Probable Pitchers
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: NYM: (-240) | KC: (+205)
Spread: NYM: -1.5 (-130) | KC: +1.5 (+112)
Total: 8 – Over: (-118) | Under: (-104)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: NYM: 81% | KC: 19%
Probable Pitcher: NYM: Jacob deGrom (7-7, 2.68 ERA) | KC: Jakob Junis (8-10, 4.80 ERA)
Mets vs Royals Betting Trends
- The Mets are 1-4 straight up in their last five games.
- The Mets are 4-8 straight up in their last 12 games against Kansas City.
- The total has hit the under in five of Kansas City's last six games.
- Kansas City is 5-14 straight up in its last 19 games.
Mets vs Royals Stats
- The Mets are averaging 4.81 runs per game this season (No. 16 in MLB).
- Kansas City is averaging 4.30 runs per game this season (No. 27 in MLB).
- Jacob deGrom is 4-3 with a 2.40 ERA in 12 road starts this season. This will be his first career start against Kansas City.
- Jakob Junis is 3-6 with a 5.64 ERA in 13 home starts this season. This will be his first career start against the Mets.
Mets vs Royals Prop Bet
All Mets-Royals betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Jacob deGrom - Strikeouts: Over 7.5 (-112) – Jacob deGrom has been a great source of strikeouts this season, with 189 Ks in 148 innings pitched. He's also been particularly effective recently, racking up at least eight Ks in four of his last five starts. Additionally, deGrom has fanned at least eight hitters in four of his last five road starts, which suggests this total is within reach again this evening in Kansas City.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Max Staley is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Max Staley also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username mstaley1212. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.