Cubs vs Marlins Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 5
Friday's slate in the MLB includes a matchup between the Chicago Cubs and the Miami Marlins.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's what you need to know.
Cubs vs Marlins Game Info
- Chicago Cubs (41-63) vs. Miami Marlins (48-57)
- Date: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Venue: Wrigley Field -- Chicago, Illinois
Cubs vs Marlins Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CHC: (-148) | MIA: (+126)
- Spread: CHC: -1.5 (+146) | MIA: +1.5 (-176)
- Total: 7.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
Cubs vs Marlins Probable Starting Pitchers
The Cubs will start Justin Steele (4-7) versus the Marlins and Edward Cabrera (2-1).
Cubs vs Marlins Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Cubs win (56.2%)
Cubs vs Marlins Moneyline
- Miami is the underdog, +1226on the moneyline, while Chicago is a -148 favorite at home.
Cubs vs Marlins Spread
- The Cubs are favored by 1.5 runs at home against the Marlins. The Cubs are +146 to cover the spread, while the Marlins are -176.
Cubs vs Marlins Over/Under
- The Cubs-Marlins contest on August 5 has been given an over/under of 7.5 runs. The over is set at -112 and the under at -108.
Cubs vs Marlins Betting Trends
- The Cubs have been favorites in 29 games this season and have come away with the win 12 times (41.4%) in those contests.
- Chicago has a win-loss record of 5-6 when favored by -144 or better by sportsbooks this year.
- Chicago and their opponents have hit the over in 44 of their 105 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Marlins have won 30.9% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (17-38).
- Miami has an 8-23 record (winning only 25.8% of its games) when playing as a moneyline underdog of +122 or longer.
- Miami has combined with opponents to go over the total 50 times this season for a 50-52-3 record against the over/under.