The 2022 MLB season has arrived with Opening Day Thursday, April 7. It's the perfect time to make some last-minute wagers on MLB betting futures on FanDuel Sportsbook, especially when it concerns the American League MVP race.
This year's MVP race is led by the terrific trio of Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. (+600) and LA Angeles teammates Mike Trout (+600) and favorite Shohei Ohtani (+340). However, bettors can also get decent value by targeting some intriguing AL MVP dark-horse picks. The American League Most Valuable Player odds will adjust throughout the season as players and performances rise and fall.
Here's a look at the American League MVP odds with a full listing on FanDuel Sportsbook as the 2022 season begins. Also, check out a best bet to consider for the MVP award in the American League.
AL MVP Odds 2022
1. Shohei Ohtani, OF, Los Angeles Angels (+340)
2. Mike Trout, OF, Los Angeles Angels (+600)
3. Vladimir Guerrero Jr., 1B/DH, Toronto Blue Jays (+600)
4. Byron Buxton, OF, Minnesota Twins (+1600)
5. Rafael Devers, 3B, Boston Red Sox (+2000)
6. Aaron Judge, OF, New York Yankees (+2200)
7. Luis Robert, OF, Chicago White Sox (+2200)
8. Jose Ramirez, 3B, Cleveland Guardians (+2500)
9. Kyle Tucker, OF, Houston Astros (+2500)
10. Wander Franco, SS, Tampa Bay Rays (+2500)
11. Yordan Alvarez, OF/DH, Houston Astros (+3000)
12. Bo Bichette, SS, Toronto Blue Jays (+3000)
13. Corey Seager, SS, Texas Rangers (+4000)
14. Carlos Correa, SS, Minnesota Twins (+4500)
15. Alex Bregman, 3B, Houston Astros (+5000)
16. Giancarlo Stanton, OF/DH, New York Yankees (+5500)
17. Jose Abreu, 1B, Chicago White Sox (+5500)
18. Xander Bogaerts, SS, Boston Red Sox (+5500)
19. Eloy Jimenez, OF, Chicago White Sox (+6500)
20. Joey Gallo, OF, New York Yankees (+6500)
AL MVP Prediction 2022
Vladimir Guerrero, Jr., Toronto Blue Jays (+600)
Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. doesn't offer much value at +600 to win MVP, but the Blue Jays superstar should put up monster stats again if he stays healthy on an American League title contender in Toronto.
Vladdy hit .311 with 48 HRs, 111 RBI's and 123 runs scored last season. He led the AL in on-base percentage (.401), slugging (.601), and OPS+ (169), and finished tied for first in MLB with 48 home runs. A sensational season indeed, finishing runner-up to Ohtani for 2021 MVP. The 23-year-old Blue Jays slugger won't be denied the MVP award if he can repeat those numbers this year.
Best Bet: Vladimir Guerrero, Jr., Toronto Blue Jays (+600)