Minnesota vs Wisconsin Game Info
Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-2, 1-1 Big Ten) vs. No. 22 Wisconsin Badgers (10-3, 2-0)
Date: Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019
Time: 9 p.m. EST
Location: Kohl Center – Madison, WI
Minnesota vs Wisconsin Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props via FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: WIS: (-520) | MIN: (+380)
Spread: WIS: -9.5 (-110) | MIN: +9.5 (-110)
Total: 139 | Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: WIS: (23%) | MIN: (77%)
Badgers Basketball: No.22 Wisconsin resumes Big Ten play tonight against border rival Minnesota. The Badgers will once again be tested with their post defense. A closer look at the Gophers as we breakdown and predict the matchup at the Kohl Center https://t.co/B8zktyOR1l— Benjamin Worgull (@TheBadgerNation) January 3, 2019
Minnesota vs Wisconsin Betting Trends & Stats
- Wisconsin is just barely above water when it comes to covering the spread this season at 7-6 ATS, but Minnesota isn't any better at 5-8.
- The Badgers are much better against the spread at home, however, boasting a 4-1 ATS home record thus far.
- Minnesota is just 0-1-1 ATS as a road team on the other hand.
- The Badgers are slightly better at hitting the over at 8-4, while the Gophers are 6-6-1 against the over.
- Wisconsin has dominated this series rivalry as of late, winning the previous eight straight meetings against Minnesota.
- Over Wisconsin's eight-game winning streak, the Badgers have won by an average of 12.375 points and won by 10 or more 6-of-8 times.- The Badgers haven't lost at home to the Gophers since January 2009.
Minnesota senior forward Jordan Murphy and Wisconsin center Ethan Happ are the top two rebounders in the Big Ten this season, and on pace to finish second and third in conference history. https://t.co/LU770rMXEt— Chris Juzwik (@juz44) January 3, 2019
Minnesota vs Wisconsin Best Prop Bets
- Home Team (Wisconsin) Total: Over 73 Points (-110) – Aaron Moesch and his 1.2 points per game was Wisconsin's only loss from the 2017-18 roster, and last year's younger roster cleaned the Gophers 73-63 at home in the Kohl Center. A year later and it's nearly an identical, yet, an improved team facing the Gophers at home in Madison. The Badgers are already averaging 76.5 PPG on offense overall and 84.25 PPG at home this season.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.