Cover Photo: Jonathan Devich/Getty Images
Arizona Bowl Game Info
Arkansas State Red Wolves (8-4) vs. Nevada Wolfpack (7-5)
Date: Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018
Time: 1:15 p.m. EST
Location: Arizona Stadium – Tuscon, AZ
Arizona Bowl Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props via FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: ARKST: (-105) | NEV: (-115)
Spread: ARKST: +1 (-110) | NEV: -1 (-110)
Total: 58 | Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: ARKST: (46%) | NEV: (54%)
Arizona Bowl Betting Trends & Stats
- Arkansas State is 6-6 against the spread this season and 5-4 ATS as favorites.
- Nevada is also 6-6 ATS this year and 4-3 ATS as underdogs.
- Nevada leads the all-time series between these two teams 3-2, but Arkansas State defeated the Wolfpack 44-28 the last time these programs met in 1999.
- This will be Nevada's 16th bowl appearance and second appearance in the Arizona Bowl. The Wolfpack are 5-10 all-time in bowls but 1-0 in the Arizona Bowl with a 28-23 victory over Colorado State in 2015.
- This is Arkansas State's ninth bowl appearance and first appearance in the Arizona Bowl. The Red Wolves are 3-5 all-time in bowls and this is their first bowl game outside of the Southeast.
Each Team's Best Win
- Arkansas State: Tulsa (29-20) – Sept. 15
- Nevada: vs. San Diego State (28-24) – Oct. 27
Arizona Bowl Prop Bets
- Away Team (Arkansas State) Total: Over 31 Points (-110) – Both of these teams have offenses that average over 31 points per game and neither team has a particularly stout defense. Arkansas State is led by quarterback Justice Hansen, who threw for 3,172 yards this season with 27 touchdowns.
Arkansas State and Nevada will have their first postseason meeting in the @novaAZBOWL— Winsipedia (@Winsipedia) December 12, 2018
This is Arkansas State’s first appearance in the Arizona Bowl and Nevada’s second appearance.
The teams last met up in the regular season in 1999.#WolvesUp #BattleBorn pic.twitter.com/ErD1HQHI2A
- Home Team (Nevada) Total: Over 29 Points (-110) – On the other hand, Nevada actually has the more potent offense in this game, averaging 32.3 points per game this season. The Wolfpack have a 3,000-yard quarterback themselves in senior Ty Gangi. Gangi threw for 3,131 yards on the year and 23 touchdowns. However, running back Toa Taua will be the key for Nevada as Arkansas State has been giving up more than 200 yards on the ground per game.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Ian McCafferty is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Ian McCafferty also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username itmccaff. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.