Fight Info: Deontay Wilder Vs Tyson Fury
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 2, 2018
- Time: 9:30 p.m. EST
- Venue: Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA
Odds: Opening lines and props bets provided by FanDuel Sportsbook
- Moneyline: Wilder: (-194) | Fury: (+162)
- Method of Victory: Wilder KO (-105), Wilder Points or Decision (+480) | Fury KO (+750), Fury Points or Decision (+250)
- Total Rounds: 10.5 - Over (+108) | Under (-136)
Interesting Stats and Betting Trends:
- Both fighters come into the bout undefeated, with WIlder (40-0, 39 KOs) and Fury (27-0, 19 KOs) both sporting high KO-decision numbers.
- Wilder has successfully defended his WBC title seven times with all seven coming by KO. His only victory did not come by knockout was when he claimed the WBC title over Bermane Stiverne.
- Tyson Fury would be just the third Brittish heavyweight to win a world title fight on American soil.
Bedlam here in LA as Fury v Wilder press conference turns ugly - fighters & entourages clash & have to be separated. pic.twitter.com/m30yYcERUM— Dan Roan (@danroan) November 28, 2018
Best Prop Bets:
- Wilder 10th Round KO (+2700) - While Wilder has the knockout power to end this fight with one punch at any point once the bell rings in the first round, there should be some feel out time for the first few rounds. Both fighters have a unique style that confuses their opponents, which should lead to a slow start in this fight. By the later rounds, Wilder will start to most likely rely on his knockout power if he's behind in points, but also won't want to risk letting it go the distance. The 10th-round iwould be a lucrative landing spot for that.
- Alternate Total Rounds Under 7.5 (+145) - To get some value here, you have to bank on one of those patented Wilder hooks landing somewhat early, which is definitely possible. We may have not seen knockout power like Wilder's in the heavyweight division since Mike Tyson. The fighters will work off each other in terms of aggressiveness, so if Fury starts to get aggressive, expect Wilder to start planning his haymakers and like we said, all it takes is one to end the fight.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.