The Los Angeles Dodgers were once in danger of not even making the postseason. Now, they find themselves just one series win away from making a return trip to the Fall Classic. All that stands in their way is an upstart Milwaukee Brewers team that won the most games of any team in the National League.
Series Info/Starting Pitchers: Los Angeles Dodgers (92-71) vs. Milwaukee Brewers (96-67)
- Game 1: Friday, Oct. 12, 8:09 p.m. EST – LAD (Clayton Kershaw) @ MIL (Gio Gonzalez)
- Game 2: Saturday, Oct. 13, 4:09 p.m. EST – LAD (Hyun-Jin Ryu) @ MIL (Wade Miley)
- Game 3: Monday, Oct. 15, 7:39 p.m. EST – MIL (Jhoulys Chacin) @ LAD (Walker Buehler)
- Game 4: Tuesday, Oct. 16, 9:09 p.m. EST – MIL (TBA) @ LAD (Rich Hill)
- Game 5: Wednesday, Oct. 17, 5:05 p.m. EST – MIL (TBA) @ LAD (TBA) *if necessary
- Game 6: Friday, Oct. 19, 8:39 p.m. EST – LAD (TBA) @ MIL (TBA) *if necessary
- Game 7: Saturday, Oct. 20, 9:09 p.m. EST – LAD (TBA) @ MIL (TBA) *if necessary
Odds: The Dodgers are much better than their record would indicate and they're heating up at the right time. Combine that with the fact that this is the same team that fell one game short of winning it all last year and it only makes sense that they're the favorites (-172) to advance to the World Series. The Brewers, despite having home-field advantage, are +140 to win the NLCS.
Interesting Stat: Despite some recent success, Clayton Kershaw has been historically terrible in the postseason and facing the Brewers MVP-candidate Christian Yelich won't make turning things around easy for him. Yelich has absolutely owned Kershaw in his career, posting an unreal .529 average against the Dodgers' ace with nine hits in 17 at-bats.
Best Prop: Brewers Earn a Series Sweep +2200
Although it seems both teams are way too good to end up getting swept, oddsmakers aren't putting much faith in the Brewers. Just to put it into perspective, the Dodgers are +700 to sweep the Brew Crew, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. That's more than three times the payout if you take the Brewers.
Get $20 with your first deposit on FanDuel. Join Now.
Mike Esposito is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Mike Esposito also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username espo6891. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.