Top-25 Fantasy Basketball Point Guard Rankings for the 2021-22 NBA Season Drafts
By Larry Rupp
After a long offseason, the 2021-22 NBA season is almost here, and that also means the return of fantasy basketball.
As you prepare for your fantasy basketball draft, The Duel has you covered every step of the way. Our top-100 fantasy basketball player rankings are a great place to start, but sometimes you're looking for something more specific.
With that in mind, here are the top 25 point guards (based on Yahoo! position eligibility) for fantasy basketball drafts.
Fantasy Basketball Point Guard Rankings
1. Luka Doncic, PG/SG, Dallas Mavericks
Luka Doncic has emerged as a superstar for the Dallas Mavericks and comes in at the top of this list. The third-year pro averaged a ridiculous 27.7 points, 8.6 assists and 8.0 rebounds during the 2020 season to go along with a career-high 47.9% field goal percentage. The front office made sure to keep Doncic surrounded with shooters this offseason and his usage rate is going to be sky high. Assuming he can stay healthy, Doncic is a lock to finish as one of the top players in fantasy basketball.
2. James Harden, PG/SG, Brooklyn Nets
3. Stephen Curry, PG/SG, Golden State Warriors
4. Damian Lillard, PG, Portland Trail Blazers
5. Trae Young, PG, Atlanta Hawks
6. LeBron James, PG/SG/SF, Los Angeles Lakers
7. Donovan Mitchell, PG/SG, Utah Jazz
8. Devin Booker, PG/SG, Phoenix Suns
9. LaMelo Ball, PG/SG, Charlotte Hornets
One of the biggest storylines last season was the stellar rookie season put together by Charlotte Hornets point guard LaMelo Ball. The 20-year-old averaged 15.7 points, 6.1 assists and 5.9 rebounds despite only starting 31 of the 51 games he played in. Ball's 28.8 minutes per game mark is sure to increase after having a full offseason to get comfortable with his teammates. He has shown flashes of greatness and is a bright spot on this Charlotte squad. Everything adds up to Ball being a top-10 point guard in fantasy basketball.
10. Fred VanVleet, PG/SG, Toronto Raptors
11. Chris Paul, PG, Phoenix Suns
12. Russell Westbrook III, PG, Los Angeles Lakers
Russell Westbrook finds himself in one of the most intriguing situations of any NBA point guard. This is easily the best supporting cast he has ever played with, but it may take some time for him to get used to playing a secondary role. While Westbrook has always struggled with turnovers (4.1 career average), he makes up for it in ridiculous assist numbers. In fact, the veteran playmaker has led the league in that category in three of the past four seasons. Fantasy managers looking to take risk early on in drafts should target Westbrook.
13. Kyrie Irving, PG/SG, Brooklyn Nets
14. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, PG/SG, Oklahoma City Thunder
15. Jrue Holiday, PG/SG, Milwaukee Bucks
16. De'Aaron Fox, PG, Sacramento Kings
17. Ja Morant, PG, Memphis Grizzlies
18. Dejounte Murray, PG/SG, San Antonio Spurs
19. CJ McCollum, PG/SG, Portland Trail Blazers
20. Lonzo Ball, PG/SG, Chicago Bulls
21. Tyrese Haliburton, PG/SG, Sacramento Kings
22. Malcolm Brogdon, PG/SG, Indiana Pacers
23. Kyle Lowry, PG, Miami Heat
24. Ben Simmons, PG, Philadelphia 76ers
25. Collin Sexton, PG/SG, Cleveland Cavaliers
SIGN UP AND GET AN INSTANT DEPOSIT BONUS UP TO 500! We'll match 20% of your first deposit on FanDuel Fantasy Sports. Max bonus $500
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.