Red Sox vs Cubs Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for July 2
By Duel Staff
The MLB schedule on Saturday includes the Boston Red Sox facing the Chicago Cubs.
We've got you covered, in terms of the most important info about this matchup before you take a look at the MLB odds and spreads on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Red Sox vs Cubs Game Info
- Boston Red Sox (43-34) vs. Chicago Cubs (31-46)
- Date: Saturday, July 2, 2022
- Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Venue: Wrigley Field -- Chicago, Illinois
Red Sox vs Cubs Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-138) | CHC: (+118)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+118) | CHC: +1.5 (-142)
- Total: 9.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
Red Sox vs Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers
The Boston Red Sox will hand the ball to Josh Winckowski (3-1, 3.60 ERA), who is looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Cubs will turn to Alec Mills (0-1, 9.87 ERA).
Red Sox vs Cubs Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Red Sox win (54.3%)
Red Sox vs Cubs Moneyline
- Boston is the favorite, -138 on the moneyline, while Chicago is a +118 underdog despite being at home.
Red Sox vs Cubs Spread
- The Cubs are +1.5 on the runline against the Red Sox. The Cubs are -142 to cover, and the Red Sox are +118.
Red Sox vs Cubs Over/Under
- Red Sox vs Cubs on July 2 has an over/under of 9.5 runs, with the odds on the over -112 and the under set at -108.
Red Sox vs Cubs Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have been victorious in 26, or 61.9%, of the 42 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- This year, Boston has won 13 of 21 games when listed as at least -146 or better on the moneyline.
- Boston and their opponents have hit the over in 30 of their 75 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Cubs have gone 19-32 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 37.3% of those games).
- Chicago is 11-16 (winning 40.7% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline underdog of +124 or longer.
- Chicago has played in 77 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 38 times (38-35-4).