This year's MVP race is led by the terrific trio of Juan Soto (+380), Ronald Acuna Jr. (+900) and 2021 MVP Bryce Harper (+900). However, bettors can also get decent value by targeting some intriguing NL MVP dark horse picks.
The National League Most Valuable Player odds will adjust throughout the season as players and performances rise and fall.
Here's a look at the National League MVP odds with a full listing on FanDuel Sportsbook as the 2022 season begins. Also, check out a best bet to consider for the MVP award in the National League.
NL MVP Odds 2022
1. Juan Soto, OF, Washington Nationals (+380)
2. Ronald Acuna Jr., OF, Atlanta Braves (+900)
3. Bryce Harper, OF, Philadelphia Phillies (+900)
4. Mookie Betts, OF, Los Angeles Dodgers (+1300)
5. Freddie Freeman, 1B, Los Angeles Dodgers (+1300)
6. Francisco Lindor, SS, New York Mets (+1800)
7. Trea Turner, SS, Los Angeles Dodgers (+1800)
8. Matt Olson, 1B, Atlanta Braves (+2400)
9. Nolan Arenado, 3B, St. Louis Cardinals
10. Christian Yelich, OF, Milwaukee Brewers (+3000)
11. Fernando Tatis Jr., SS, San Diego Padres (+3000)
12. Pete Alonso, 1B, New York Mets (+3500)
13. Tyler O'Neill, OF, St. Louis Cardinals (+3500)
14. Manny Machado, 3B, San Diego Padres (+3500)
15. Austin Riley, 3B, Atlanta Braves (+3500)
16. Ozzie Albies, 2B, Atlanta Braves (+5500)
17. Max Muncy, IF, Los Angeles Dodgers (+5500)
18. Willy Adames, SS, Milwaukee Brewers (+6500)
19. Cody Bellinger, OF, Los Angeles Dodgers (+6500)
20. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B, St. Louis Cardinals (+6500)
NL MVP Prediction 2022
Manny Machado, San Diego Padres (+3500)
The San Diego Padres fell off last year and finished below .500, but Manny Machado was still swinging big in Petco's pitchers ballpark. The slugger batted .278 and belted 28 HRs with 106 RBIs and a 5.0 WAR last year despite battling injuries. He set a career-high barrel rate in 2021 at 13.3 percent.
Machado batted .304 with 16 HR's and a .960 OPS in the abbreviated 60 game season in 2020. The $300 million man and five-time All-Star is a superb defensive player and one of the most consistent offensive performers in baseball.
The Padres hope he can find an even higher gear in 2022 with Fernando Tatis, Jr. out for a few months to start the season. Put your money on Manny to rise up for another strong season.
Best Bet: Manny Machado, San Diego Padres (+3500)