MLB action on Wednesday includes the Chicago Cubs playing the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Before checking out the MLB betting lines on FanDuel Sportsbook, we've got you covered, in terms of the most important information regarding this matchup.
Cubs vs Pirates Game Info
- Chicago Cubs (15-20) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (15-21)
- Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Venue: Wrigley Field -- Chicago, Illinois
Cubs vs Pirates Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CHC: (-158) | PIT: (+134)
- Spread: CHC: -1.5 (+140) | PIT: +1.5 (-170)
- Total: 7.5 -- Over: (-118) | Under: (-104)
Cubs vs Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers
The Chicago Cubs will give the start to Drew Smyly (1-4, 6.61 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Pirates will counter with Mitch Keller (0-5, 6.61).
Cubs vs Pirates Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Cubs win (57.0%)
Cubs vs Pirates Moneyline
- The Cubs vs Pirates moneyline has Chicago as a -158 favorite, while Pittsburgh is a +134 underdog on the road.
Cubs vs Pirates Spread
- The Pirates are +1.5 on the spread (-170 to cover), and Chicago is +140 to cover the runline.
Cubs vs Pirates Over/Under
- The over/under for the Cubs versus Pirates contest on May 18 has been set at 7.5, with -118 odds on the over and -104 odds on the under.
Cubs vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The Cubs have won in four of the eight contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Chicago has a mark of 2-3 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by -158 or better on the moneyline.
- Chicago and their opponents have gone over in 14 of their 35 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Pirates are 11-18 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 37.9% of those games).
- Pittsburgh has a 7-12 record (winning just 36.8% of its games) when playing as a moneyline underdog of +134 or longer.
- Pittsburgh has had an over/under set by bookmakers 36 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 14 of those games (14-17-5).