Cover Photo: Getty Images
Cardinals vs Pirates Game Info
St. Louis Cardinals (2-3, 2-3 Away) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (1-2, 0-1 Home)
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Time: 7:05 p.m. EST
Location: PNC Park – Pittsburgh, PA
Cardinals vs Pirates Betting Info & Starting Pitchers
All betting odds, lines and props available on FanDuel Sportsbook
Moneyline: STL: (-108) | PIT: (-108)
Spread: STL: +1.5 (-245) | PIT: -1.5 (+200)
Total: 7.5 – Over: (-102) | Under: (-118)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: STL: 57% | PIT: 43%
Starting Pitcher: STL: Miles Mikolas (0-1, 9.00 ERA) | PIT: Jameson Taillon (0-1, 6.00 ERA)
Cardinals vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats
- St. Louis is 4-1 against the spread (ATS) in its five games this season.
- Pittsburgh is 45-34 ATS in its last 79 NL Central games since 2018.
- St. Louis has won five of its last six road games against Pittsburgh.
- Pittsburgh is 9-3 straight up in its last 12 home games, dating back to last season.
Cardinals vs Pirates Prop Bet
All Cardinals-Pirates betting odds, lines and props available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Pitcher Strikeouts: Jameson Taillon Over 5.5 (-125) – The St. Louis Cardinals have shown an early tendency to swing for the fences this season, averaging 2.0 home runs per game – the fifth-most in the MLB. However, the Cardinals are averaging a league-high 12.8 strikeouts per game, with 17 strikeouts in their 6-5 win over the Pirates on Monday. Pittsburgh's Jameson Taillon has also averaged 0.97 strikeouts per inning pitched against the Cardinals in his four-year MLB career.
Taylor Smith is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Taylor also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username jtsmittyyy. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.