Cover Photo: Getty Images
Joshua vs Ruiz & Fight Info
Anthony Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs) vs Andy Ruiz Jr. (32-1, 21 KOs)
Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Time: The card begins at 5 p.m. EST. The Joshua vs Ruiz Jr. fight is scheduled for 10 p.m. EST
Venue: Madison Square Garden – New York, N.Y.
Joshua vs Ruiz Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Joshua: (-4000)
- Ruiz Jr.: (+1200)
- Draw: (+4100)
Method of Victory:
- Joshua: Points or Decision (+480)
- Joshua: KO/TKO (-430)
- Ruiz Jr.: Points or Decision (+3000)
- Ruiz Jr.: KO/TKO (+2500)
Joshua vs Ruiz Betting Trends & Stats
- Joshua has been a favorite in his last seven bouts, with this being his highest odds to win since his -4000 moneyline odds against Eric Molina.
- Joshua holds three of the four major heavyweight titles and a 22-0 record, all of which will be on the line in this fight.
- Joshua's second-to-last fight, against Joseph Parker, was the first time he went to the judges scorecard, breaking his streak of 20 consecutive knockouts.
- Ruiz Jr. has been a heavy favorite in all but one of his fights, which coincidentally also came against Parker. Ruiz lost that fight by decision.
Joshua vs Ruiz Best Prop Bet
All Joshua vs Ruiz props for this fight can be found on FanDuel Sportsbook.- Joshua by Points or Decision (+480) – Joshua might be a heavy favorite in this one, but Ruiz jr. is no slouch. He has 10 more wins than Joshua and only one more loss. With that being said, Joshua should still find his groove and be able to control this battle. Ruiz's experience and size could keep him upright in this one, but surviving the judges will be a different story against a technically-gifted puncher like Joshua.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.