The 2022 MLB season has arrived with Opening Day Thursday, April 7. It's the perfect time to make some last-minute wagers on betting futures on FanDuel Sportsbook, especially when it concerns the American League Rookie of the Year race.
This year's race will be full of exciting rookies, such as the Kansas City Royals' Bobby Witt Jr. and Seattle Mariners' Julio Rodríguez. However, bettors can also get decent value by targeting some intriguing dark-horse picks. The AL Rookie of the Year odds will adjust throughout the season as rookies rise and fall.
Here's a look at the American League Rookie of the Year odds with a full listing on FanDuel Sportsbook as the 2022 season begins. Also, check out a best bet to consider for the top rookie award in the American League.
AL Rookie of the Year Odds 2022
1. Bobby Witt Jr., Kansas City Royals (+330)
2. Julio Rodríguez, Seattle Mariners (+400)
3. Spencer Torkelson, Detroit Tigers (+500)
4. Adley Rutschman, Baltimore Ori
5. Jeremy Peña, Houston Astros (+1500)
6. Riley Greene, Detroit Tigers (+1500)
7. Joe Ryan, Minnesota Twins (+1800)
8. Shane Baz, Tampa Bay Rays (+1800)
9. Josh Lowe, Tampa Bay Rays (+2000)
10. Matt Brash, Tampa Bay Rays (+3500)
11. Triston Casas, Boston Red Sox (+4000)
12. Steven Kwan, Cleveland Guardians (+4000)
13. Reid Detmers, Los Angeles Angels (+4500)
14. Vidal Brujan, Tampa Bay Rays (+7000)
15. Grayson Rodriguez, Baltimore Orioles (+7000)
16. Kyle Isbel, Kansas City Royals (+9000)
17. MJ Melendez, Kansas City Royals (+9000)
18. Kevin Smith, Oakland Athletics (+9000)
19. Christian Pache, Oakland Athletics (+9000)
20. Brent Honeywell Jr., Oakland Athletics (+10000)
21. Jake Burger, Chicago White Sox (+10000)
22. Daulton Jefferies , Oakland Athletics (+10000)
23. Gabriel Arias, Cleveland Guardians (+10000)
24. Luis Gil, New York Yankees (+10000)
25. Nick Pratto, Kansas City Royals (+10000)
AL Rookie of the Year Prediction 2022
The Detroit Tigers boast a young, exciting team, however, few players are as exciting as 21-year-old outfielder Riley Greene.
Greene enters the 2022 MLB as Baseball America's No. 4-ranked prospect and for good reason. The former 2019 fifth overall pick recorded 25 doubles, 24 home runs and 84 RBIs while slashing .301/.387/.534 in 485 Double/Triple-A at-bats last season.
Greene also looked more than comfortable in 11 Spring Training games this year, finishing with nine hits (two HRs) and four RBIs with a .429 batting average in 21 ABs. Needless to say, he's already looking like a pro and should be in the AL Rookie of the Year race right until the end.
Best Bet: Riley Greene, Detroit Tigers (+1500)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.