Ajax vs Tottenham Expert Predictions for Champions League Semi Final Leg 2

David Hayes

Cover Photo: Getty Images

After Ajax Amsterdam defeated Tottenham Hotspur, 1-0, in Leg 1 of the 2018-19 Champions League Semi Final, both clubs travel to Amsterdam for the second and final leg of this matchup. Ajax is a +125 home favorite, according to FanDuel Sportsbook.

The winner of this Leg 2 matchup advances to face Liverpool in the 2018-19 Champions League Final. As it's always smart to hear what those in the industry have to say before placing a bet, here are some expert predictions for Leg 2 of this Champions League Semi Final.

Ajax vs Tottenham Predictions


FiveThirtyEight Sports gives Ajax a 52 percent chance of winning Wednesday's game. But it's important to note that they give Tottenham a 27 percent chance to win and the draw a 21 percent chance of occurring.

Picks and Parlays

The staff at Picks and Parlays is backing Tottenham, plus 0.25 goals. Picks and Parlays cites Ajax's consistent performance as one major reason this one might end in tie, thus siding with Tottenham plus the points.


Gabriele Marcotti, of ESPN FC, predicts this matchup will end in a 1-1 tie, allowing Ajax to advance 2-1 on aggregate goals in this Champions League Semi Final. Marcotti also notes Ajax's unfazed approach in recent play, and he believes this will carry into Wednesday's contest.

Overall, two of the three experts are calling for a tie, while one is taking Ajax to win straight up.

Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.

David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.