Game Info: New Orleans Pelicans (4-3) at Portland Trail Blazers (5-2)
- Date: Thursday, Nov. 1
- Time: 10:40 p.m. EST
- Location: Moda Center – Portland, OR
Odds: Courtesy of FanDuel Sportsbook
- Moneyline: New Orleans Pelicans (+164) | Portland Trail Blazers (-194)
- Spread: New Orleans Pelicans (+4.5, -110) | Portland Trail Blazers (-4.5, -110)
- Total: 231 – Over (-110) | Under (-110)
After getting destroyed by it last postseason, looking forward to seeing both how Damian Lillard handles the Pelicans' aggressive pick-and-roll coverage, and how well his bigs help him out by rolling, popping and cutting. Dame's been dealing when two come to the ball so far: pic.twitter.com/Q6QcukOFts— Dan Devine (@YourManDevine) November 1, 2018
- In the opening round of last year's NBA Playoffs, the Pelicans swept the Trail Blazers. This will be the first meeting between the two teams since. "We have this game circled," Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard said. "We'll have [last season's playoff series] in our minds when we play against them. But it's only going to be the eighth game of the season, and we can't get last year back."
- Tonight will be the second time the Pelicans are playing on the back-end of a back-to-back this season -- they lost the first of those, 132-111, to the Utah Jazz. It's worth noting, however, that Pelicans forward Anthony Davis did not play in that game. It will also be the Pelicans' fifth game in seven days.
Best Prop Bets:
- Damian Lillard: 25+ Points/Portland to Win (+145) OR 30+ Points/Portland to Win (+350) – We're giving options here as both of them are quite appealing. There's some excellent data here to look at in this matchup, besides Lillard wanting to attack the team that swept the Trail Blazers out of the playoffs last season. For one, Lillard is averaging 29.6 points per game this season. Also, the Pelicans are allowing 31 percent more points to above the league average to opposing point guards this season, by far the most in the NBA.
- Anthony Davis: Over 45.5 Points + Rebounds + Assists (-104) – We cruised to victory in this same exact prop bet last night, and we'll pounce on the opportunity again. Not only did AD post a massive double-double in all four games of last season's first-round playoff matchup, but he scored 36 points in each of their last two regular-season meetings as well. There's clearly a track record of recent success here, and there's no reason to avoid it.
Get $5 with your first deposit on FanDuel. Join Now.
Al Walsh is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Al Walsh also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username 14AdotWalsh. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.