The 2021 Olympic Games continue in Tokyo, and sports fans are to wagering on different events at FanDuel Sportsbook. The Summer Olympics are defined by track and field, and the men's 400m will be one to watch staring on Thursday, Aug. 5.
Olympic Men’s 400m Favorites
Team USA's Michael Norman is the favorite to win the Gold Medal with -175 odds. He won at the U.S. Olympic Trials in 44.07. That was the second-fastest time of 2021 behind fellow U.S. Olympian and NCAA champion Randolph Ross, who is also a contender to medal and win gold.
South Africa's Wayde Van Niekerk ran the 43.03 world record to win Olympic Gold in the 2016 Rio Games, and he's a contender again in 2021. So is 'Speedy Stevie' Gardiner of the Bahamas, who won the 2019 world champion in the 400 meters and also ran a 44.47 earlier this month.
Here are the FanDuel Sportsbook track and field betting odds and leading favorites and contenders to win the men's 400m gold medal. Twelve other runners have odds of +10000.
Olympic Men’s 400m Gold Medal Odds
1. Michael Norman (USA): -175
2. Steven Gardiner (BAH): +380
3. Wayde Van Niekerk (RSA): +500
4. Kirani James (GRN): +1300
5. Randolph Ross (USA): +1400
6. Anthony Zambrano (COL): +1900
7. Michael Cherry (USA): +2600
8. Isaac Makwala (BOT): +4400
9. Emmanuel Korir (KEN): +4400
10. Deon Lendore (TTO): +6500
11. Dwight St Hillaire (TTO): +6500
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!