Texans vs Chiefs NFL Kickoff Week 1 Game Info
2020 NFL Season Kickoff Game
Houston Texans (0-0, 0-0 Away) vs. Kansas City Chiefs (0-0, 0-0 Home)
Date: Thursday, Sept. 10, 2020
Time: 8:20 p.m. EST
Venue: Arrowhead Stadium – Kansas City, MO
Texans vs Chiefs Spread & Odds
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: HOU: (+360) | KC: (-460)
Spread: HOU: +9.5 (-110) | KC: -9.5 (-110)
Total: 53.5 – Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages via oddsFire: HOU: (N/A) | KC: (N/A)
Odds to Win Super Bowl LV: HOU: (+5000) | KC: (+600)
Texans vs Chiefs Expert Prediction & Pick
All NFL predictions & expert picks are from Sporting News.
Spread Pick: Chiefs
NFL Week 1 Schedule 2020
Texans vs Chiefs Betting Trends
- Houston is 2-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last six games against Kansas City.
- Houston is 2-5 straight up in its last seven games against Kansas City.
- Houston is 1-4 straight up in its last five Week 1 games.
- Kansas City finished 9-0 ATS in its last nine games of the 2019 season, including the postseason.
- Kansas City is 11-0 straight up in its last 11 games played in the month of September.
Texans vs Chiefs Stats
- Houston averaged 23.9 points per game (PPG) last season (No. 12 in the NFL).
- Houston surrendered 25.3 PPG last season (No. 23 in the NFL).
- Kansas City averaged 29.9 PPG last season (No. 2 in the NFL).
- Kansas City surrendered 20.2 PPG last season (No. 10 in the NFL).
Texans vs Chiefs Prop Bet
All Texans-Chiefs odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Winning Margin (4-Way) Kansas City Chiefs by 1-13 Points (+145) – Following a mediocre 2020 NFL Draft and a shocking offseason that saw Houston's top offensive weapon in DeAndre Hopkins traded away, the Texans' chances to win Super Bowl 55 have plummeted in the eyes of the oddsmakers. Simply put, they're likely not going to be the same competitive product we remember from last season. Meanwhile, the defending Super Bowl champion Chiefs return the lion's share of their starting rotation from last year's roster, and have a stellar record in the month of September lately. In fact, Kansas City has won five straight Week 1 openers, dating back to 2015, and the Chiefs have gone 6-1 under Andy Reid in his seven Week 1 games as KC's head coach.
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $500!
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.