Rangers vs Athletics Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 18
By Duel Staff
The MLB's Thursday schedule includes the Texas Rangers taking on the Oakland Athletics.
Before checking out the MLB betting lines on FanDuel Sportsbook, we've got you covered, in terms of the most important info regarding this matchup.
Rangers vs Athletics Game Info
- Texas Rangers (52-65) vs. Oakland Athletics (43-75)
- Date: Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Time: 2:05 PM ET
- Venue: Globe Life Field -- Arlington, Texas
Rangers vs Athletics Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TEX: (-196) | OAK: (+164)
- Spread: TEX: -1.5 (+104) | OAK: +1.5 (-125)
- Total: 8 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Rangers vs Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers
The starting pitchers are Dane Dunning (2-6) for the Texas Rangers, and Zach Logue (3-6) for the Oakland Athletics.
Rangers vs Athletics Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Rangers win (64.9%)
Rangers vs Athletics Moneyline
- Texas is a -196 favorite on the moneyline, while Oakland is a +164 underdog on the road.
Rangers vs Athletics Spread
- The Rangers are favored by 1.5 runs at home against the Athletics. The Rangers are +104 to cover the spread, while the Athletics are -125.
Rangers vs Athletics Over/Under
- The over/under for the Rangers versus Athletics game on August 18 has been set at 8.5, with -115 odds on the over and -105 odds on the under.
Rangers vs Athletics Betting Trends
- The Rangers have been favorites in 46 games this season and have come away with the win 18 times (39.1%) in those contests.
- Texas has been listed as a favorite of -188 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- Texas and their opponents have hit the over in 55 of their 114 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics have gone 36-59 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 37.9% of those games).
- When it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +158 or longer, Oakland has a 13-26 record (winning just 33.3% of its games).
- In the 110 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Oakland, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 45 times (45-59-6).