The NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year odds favored the top quarterbacks to start the season. But many of those young guns are finding the introduction to pro football more difficult than planned.
Jacksonville Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence is no longer the favorite to the award, and Zach Wilson has fallen down the odds board as well. Trey Lance has yet to start for the San Francisco 49ers, but he is still among the favorites at +700 along with Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields (+900), who was sacked 9 times and had 1 net passing yard in his starting debut Week 3.
Patriots QB Mac Jones (+450) is now the top quarterback to win, but he's behind the new favorite, WR Ja'Marr Chase of the Cincinnati Bengals, according to current odds on FanDuel Sportsbook. Chase leads all rookie receivers with 297 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns – more than 100 more yards than Rondale Moore of the Arizona Cardinals, who has moved up the odds board after starting the season as a huge long shot.
Mac Jones will be on Sunday Night Football in Week 4 as New England hosts the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and former Patriots greats Tom Brady andRob Gronkowski. A good showing by Jones and an upset by the Patriots would really boost Jones' standing in the Rookie of the Year award race.
Here's a look at how the rest of the OROY odds are shaping up as Week 4 begins.
2021 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds
1. Ja'Marr Chase, Cincinnati Bengals (+400)
2. Mac Jones, New England Patriots (+450)
3. Trey Lance, San Francisco 49ers (+700)
4. Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars (+700)
5. Justin Fields, Chicago Bears (+900)
6. Najee Harris, Pittsburgh Steelers (+1200)
7. Rondale Moore, Arizona Cardinals (+1600)
8. Kyle Pitts, Atlanta Falcons (+2000)
9. DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagles (+2000)
10. Zach Wilson, New York Jets (+2000)
11. Jaylen Waddle, Miami Dolphins (+2000)
12. Javonte Williams, Denver Broncos (+2500)
13. Trey Sermon, San Francisco 49ers (+2500)
14. Elijah Mitchell, San Francisco 49ers (+2500)
15. Elijah Moore, New York Jets (+6000)
16. Pat Freiermuth, Pittsburgh Steelers (+6000)
17. Davis Mills, Houston Texans (+6000)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!