With most teams now eliminated from the playoffs, the football world's attention has turned toward the 2022 NFL Draft. This draft is thought be headlined by defensive players, with potential star edge rushers like Aidan Hutchinson and Kayvon Thibodeaux expected to be among the first prospects off of the board.
Yet the No. 1 pick odds on FanDuel Sportsbook see a new challenger in the running: Alabama offensive tackle Evan Neal. The junior's odds to be the first pick have surged over the past month, going from +1600 in late December to just +230 now.
That massive jump has seen Neal overtake Thibodeaux (+260) for the second-best chances of going No. 1 to the Jacksonville Jaguars. As the draft approaches, previous runaway favorite Hutchinson (+150) is seeing his competition close the gap.
Some mock drafts have even started to forecast Neal over Hutchinson as the Jags' pick, which showcases the OT is a legit threat to be the top selection.
Here's how the latest odds to be the No. 1 overall pick are shaping up heading into February.
Number 1 Pick Odds NFL
1. Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan Wolverines (+155)
2. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama Crimson Tide (+230)
3. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon Ducks (+260)
4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State Wolfpack (+550)
5. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh Panthers (+2500)
6. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU Tigers (+4000)
7. Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss Rebels (+5000)
8. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State Bulldogs (+5000)
9. Demarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M Aggies (+6500)
10. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+7500)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Isaiah De Los Santos is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Isaiah De Los Santos also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username zayyy05328. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.