This week’s Rothstein 45 is now live!
Check out our rankings below:
ROTHSTEIN 45 - 2/21/2022
1. Gonzaga: On track to be the top seed in the NCAA Tournament.
2. Arizona: Pelle Larsson is an X-Factor.
3. Purdue: Jaden Ivey is ready to explode.
4. Duke: The highest ceiling in college basketball.
5. Auburn: Wendell Green is a work in progress at crunch time.
6. Kentucky: Put up 90 on Saturday against Alabama without Sahvir Wheeler and TyTy Washington.
7. Kansas: Ochai Agbaji has regained his efficiency.
8. Texas Tech: Mark Adams is a mastermind defensively.
9. Villanova: We've seen this movie before.
10. Providence: Sunday's win at Butler felt like divine intervention.
11. Baylor: Need to get healthy.
12. Wisconsin: Sunday's scuffle against Michigan was a black eye for the sport.
13. UCLA: Jaylen Clark is emerging.
14. Illinois: Andre Curbelo has only participated in 14 of the team's 85 practices.
15. Tennessee: Sneaky good.
16. USC: Andy Enfield is headed towards another NCAA Tournament appearance.
17. Houston: Officially running out of adjectives for the coaching job that Kelvin Sampson has done.
18. Arkansas: Jaylin Williams is the best big man in the SEC that you haven't heard enough about.
19. Ohio State: Host Indiana on Monday.
20. UConn: Should move all of its home games on campus.
21. Texas: Could see Texas Tech again at the Big 12 Tournament.
22. Murray State: Won 16 straight.
23. Alabama: Mercurial.
24. Saint Mary's: Logan Johnson is an elite defender.
25. Wyoming: Hunter Maldonado and Graham Ike are America's most underrated 1-2 punch.
26. Marquette: Sunday's loss at Creighton was a heartbreaker.
27. Colorado State: Host Wyoming on Wednesday.
28. Boise State: Need to get Emmanuel Akot healthy.
29. Michigan State: Has lost four of five.
30. Iowa State: Izaiah Brockington is one of the best transfers in the country.
31. Iowa: Moved the needle on Saturday at Ohio State.
32. Notre Dame: Three of its final four games are at home.
33. Miami: Older than most who collect Social Security.
34. Wake Forest: Steve Forbes is in position to be ACC Coach of the Year.
35. Xavier: Need to start rebuilding momentum.
36. Creighton: Greg McDermott has done yeoman's work with this group.
37. LSU: Will travel to Kentucky this week.
38. Seton Hall: Preparing to move on without Bryce Aiken.
39. Rutgers: Cliff Omoruyi is a stud.
40. Loyola Chicago: Playing with fire.
41. San Diego State: Has held its last two opponents to 56 points or less.
42. TCU: Will face Kansas twice in its final six games.
43. Indiana: On a four-game losing streak.
44. Michigan: Phil Martelli is about to step into the spotlight.
45. San Francisco: NCAA Tournament or bust.
Jon Rothstein has been a college basketball insider for CBS Sports since 2010 and a contributor to the CBS Broadcast Network since 2016. He is also the host of the College Hoops Today Podcast via Compass Media Networks. Rothstein is also an in-studio correspondent for both WFAN and CBS Sports Radio.
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!