Red Sox vs Padres Odds, Probable Pitchers and Prop Bets for Friday, August 23
By Max Staley
Red Sox vs Padres Game Info
Boston Red Sox (68-61, 34-27 Away) vs. San Diego Padres (59-67, 29-33 Home)
Date: Friday, Aug. 23, 2019
Time: 10:10 p.m. EST
Venue: Petco Park – San Diego, CA
Red Sox vs Padres Betting Info
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: BOS: (-116) | SD: (+102)
Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+134) | SD: +1.5 (-158)
Total: 8 – Over: (-116) | Under: (-106)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: BOS: 62% | SD: 38%
Probable Pitcher: BOS: Eduardo Rodriguez (14-5, 4.10 ERA) | SD: Chris Paddack (7-6, 3.44 ERA)
Red Sox vs Padres Betting Trends
- The total has hit the under in eight of Boston's last nine road games against San Diego.
- Boston is 5-2 straight up in its last seven games.
- The total has hit the under each of San Diego's last five games.
- San Diego is 2-4 straight up in its last six games against an opponent in the American League.
Red Sox vs Padres Stats
- Boston is averaging 5.74 runs per game this season (No. 3 in MLB).
- San Diego is averaging 4.48 runs per game this season (No. 24 in MLB).
- Eduardo Rodriguez is 7-4 with a 4.70 ERA in 13 starts on the road this season. He has never faced San Diego in his career.
- Chris Paddack is 5-2 with a 2.53 ERA in 12 starts at home this season. He has never faced Boston in his career.
Red Sox vs Padres Prop Bet
All Red Sox-Padres betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- To Hit a Home Run: Manny Machado (+310) — Manny Machado has hit a total of 26 home runs this season. He has already hit 10 home runs against left-handed pitchers, like Eduardo Rodriguez, despite having 276 more at-bats against righties thus far. Machado has also hit 16 career home runs against the Boston Red Sox, which is tied for the second most he's hit against any opponent.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Max Staley is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Max Staley also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username mstaley1212. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.