Red Sox vs Astros Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for May 16
By Duel Staff
The Boston Red Sox are among the MLB squads busy on Monday, up against the Houston Astros.
All the info you need to make smart bets on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook can be found below. Check out all of the latest MLB betting lines here.
Red Sox vs Astros Game Info
- Boston Red Sox (13-21) vs. Houston Astros (23-12)
- Date: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Venue: Fenway Park -- Boston, Massachusetts
Red Sox vs Astros Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-130) | HOU: (+108)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+146) | HOU: +1.5 (-178)
- Total: 8.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Red Sox vs Astros Probable Starting Pitchers
The starting pitchers are Garrett Whitlock (1-1) for the Boston Red Sox, and Jake Odorizzi (3-2) for the Houston Astros.
Red Sox vs Astros Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Red Sox win (54.4%)
Red Sox vs Astros Moneyline
- Houston is the underdog, +108 on the moneyline, while Boston is a -130 favorite at home.
Red Sox vs Astros Spread
- The Red Sox are hosting the Astros and are favored by 1.5 runs on the spread. The Red Sox are +146 to cover the runline, with the Astros being -178.
Red Sox vs Astros Over/Under
- The over/under for the Red Sox versus Astros game on May 16 has been set at 8.5, with -110 odds on the over and -110 odds on the under.
Red Sox vs Astros Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have won in six, or 42.9%, of the 14 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Boston has a mark of 6-8 in contests where bookmakers favor them by -120 or better on the moneyline.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 35 opportunities.
- The Astros have won three of the seven games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (42.9%).
- Houston is 3-3 (winning 50% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline underdog of +102 or longer.
- Houston has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 34 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 10 of those games (10-23-1).