Pelicans vs. Thunder Game Info
- Date: Monday, November 28, 2022
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Coverage: BSNO and BSOK
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Monday with a slate of 10 games, including a battle between the Oklahoma City Thunder and New Orleans Pelicans. The Thunder enter fresh off a 118-105 loss to the Houston Rockets on Saturday. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander racked up 32 points (12-of-21 shooting).
Meanwhile, the Pelicans saw their mini two-game winning streak get snapped in a 132-11 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday. New Orleans gave up 44 first-quarter points in that one and was never able to mount a comeback. Guard Trey Murphy III guided the offense with 21 points off the bench.
Pelicans vs. Thunder Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NO: (-225) | OKC: (+188)
- Spread: NO: -6 (-108) | OKC: +6 (-112)
- Total: 232 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Pelicans enter this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 232 points, which is above average compared to the rest of Monday's projected totals.
Pelicans vs. Thunder Betting Trends
- The Pelicans have registered a 10-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Thunder are 9-4 ATS when underdogs by 4.5 points or more this season.
- Games involving the Pelicans have hit the over 11 times out of 20 chances this season.
- Thunder games this season have hit the over 70% of the time (14 out of 20 games with a set point total).
- New Orleans owns a better record against the spread at home (5-4-0) than it does in away games (5-5-0).
- Oklahoma City has performed better against the spread on the road (6-4-0) than at home (5-5-0) this season.
Pelicans vs. Thunder Prediction & Pick
The Pelicans have been finding ways to win game without Brandon Ingram and CJ McCollum 100% healthy, which says a lot about the depth on their roster. Players like Murphy, Herb Jones and Naji Marshall are stepping up on an offense that ranks fourth in the NBA in points per game (117.3).
The Thunder have found similar offensive success, averaging 116.6 points per game (No. 6 in NBA). The problem is that their defense ranks as one of the worst in the league. Oklahoma City is allowing 118.3 points per game (No. 29 in NBA) and a three-point percentage of 36.6% (No. 21 in NBA).
The Thunder have also lost 15 of their last 20 games in November, so give me the Pelicans here.
Final Score Prediction: Pelicans: 121 | Thunder: 111
Pelicans vs. Thunder Best Bet
As mentioned above, Oklahoma City's defensive strategy is filled with holes. The same thing cannot be said about New Orleans, though. The Pelicans ranks seventh in defensive efficiency and are giving up only 111.7 points per game (No. 12 in NBA). They also average 8.5 steals per game (No. 2 in NBA).
There's a clear favorite in this game. New Orleans is 5-2 against the spread (ATS) in its last seven games, while Oklahoma City is 1-4 ATS in its last five games. With a rowdy crowd cheering them on at the Smoothie King Center, the Pelicans have the talent and depth to win this game by double-digits.
Bet: New Orleans Pelicans -6 (-108)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.