Jerami Grant has moved past Christian Wood this month and is now the favorite to win the NBA Most Improved Player Award. But with more than half a season to go on the modified 72-game regular-season schedule, the FanDuel Sportsbook NBA odds still have a handful of players in contention.
The Most Improved Player is in ways the NBA’s most difficult award to predict. Should the award be given to the player who is most improved from last season to the current one? Or is more value given to a player's rise from his potential to fulfillment?
Grant has exploded in his first year with the Detroit Pistons. The seventh-year pro is averaging 23 points per game with 5.4 rebounds and 3 assists. Jaylen Brown of the Boston Celtics has moved up sharply in February to make it a three-man race for Most Improved Player. Brown averages 26 points per game including 25, 27 and 33 points in three recent contests. Christian Wood is averaging 22 points and 10 rebounds per game, but has not played since Feb. 4 after suffering a severe ankle sprain.
Here are the current FanDuel Sportsbook odds to win the NBA Most Improved Player Award.
1. Jerami Grant, F, Detroit Pistons (-155)
2. Christian Wood, F/C, Houston Rockets (+260)
3. Jaylen Brown G/F, Boston Celtics (+500)
4. Collin Sexton, G, Cleveland Cavaliers (+2100)
5. Chris Boucher, F, Toronto Raptors (+2400)
6. Dejounte Murray, G, San Antonio Spurs (+3600)
7. Michael Porter, Jr., F, Denver Nuggets (+4900)
8. Domantas Sabonis, F, Indiana Pacers (+5500)
9. Julius Randle, F, New York Knicks (+6500)
10. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, G, Oklahoma City Thunder (+6500)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!