Mets vs Pirates Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for September 7
By Duel Staff
On Wednesday night in the MLB, the New York Mets are up against the Pittsburgh Pirates in the second game of a doubleheader.
We've got you covered, in terms of the most important information about this game before you take a look at the MLB odds and spreads on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Mets vs Pirates Game Info
- New York Mets (86-51) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (50-85)
- Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Venue: PNC Park -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Mets vs Pirates Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NYM: (-405) | PIT: (+320)
- Spread: NYM: -1.5 (-205) | PIT: +1.5 (+168)
- Total: 7 -- Over: (-118) | Under: (-104)
Mets vs Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers
The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Jacob deGrom (4-1, 1.98 ERA) and Johan Oviedo (2-1, 2.86 ERA) getting the nod for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Mets vs Pirates Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Mets win (63.0%)
Mets vs Pirates Moneyline
- New York is the favorite at -405 on the moneyline, while Pittsburgh is a +320 underdog despite being at home.
Mets vs Pirates Spread
- The Pirates are at +1.5 on the runline against the Mets. Pittsburgh is +168 to cover the spread, while New York is -205.
Mets vs Pirates Over/Under
- Mets versus Pirates on Sept. 7 has an over/under of 7 runs, with the odds on the over at -118 and the under set at -104.
Mets vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The Mets have won in 66, or 66.7%, of the 99 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- New York has been listed as a favorite of -405 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- Contests with New York have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 69 of 139 chances this season.
- The Pirates have been the underdog on the moneyline 116 total times this season. They've finished 40-76 in those games.
- Pittsburgh has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of +320 or longer.
- In the 133 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Pittsburgh, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 58 times (58-65-10).