Li vs Ferguson Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 279 — Co-Main Event Welterweight Bout
"The Leach" Li Jingliang (19-7-0, 10 KO's, 4 Submissions) vs. Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson (26-7-0, 12 KO's, 8 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Venue: T-Mobile Arena — Paradise, NV
Li vs Ferguson Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 279 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Li Jingliang: (-295)
- Tony Ferguson: (+235)
- Draw: (TBD)
Method of Victory:
- Li by KO/TKO: (+160)
- Li by Points: (+165)
- Li by Submission: (+3400)
- Ferguson by KO/TKO: (+1100)
- Ferguson by Points: (+550)
- Ferguson by Submission: (+600)
Li vs Ferguson Prediction
UFC 279 Li-Ferguson prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Li Jingliang (69%)
Method of Victory: KO/TKO (75%)
Li Jingliang enters the weekend after scoring a second-round TKO victory over Muslim Salikhov in his last fight in July. Tony Ferguson has experienced the opposite luck, unfortunately, losing each of his last four fights — including two by knockout.
The 38-year-old Ferguson has been in a downward trend for two years now and Li is too good for that slump to end. Considering how "The Leach" has won two of his last three fights by knockout and the fact that Ferguson has been susceptible to KO/TKO losses, I'm taking Li by KO/TKO at +160.
Li vs Ferguson Betting Trends & Stats
- Li Jingliang defeated Muslim Salikhov, by TKO, in his last fight on July 16, 2022.
- Tony Ferguson lost to Michael Chandler, by KO, in his last fight on May 7, 2022.
- Li averages 4.39 significant strikes landed per minute with a 42% accuracy rate.
- Ferguson averages 5.12 significant strikes landed per minute with a 45% accuracy rate.
- Li averages 3.66 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 58% defense rate.
- Ferguson averages 3.81 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 38% defense rate.
- Li averages 1.27 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Ferguson has a 66% takedown defense rate.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.