Idaho Potato Bowl Game Info
Western Michigan Broncos (7-5) vs. BYU Cougars (6-6)
Date: Friday, Dec. 21, 2018
Time: 4 p.m. EST
BOISE IT IS!!!! For the second time in school history, the Western Michigan football team has been invited to play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Broncos will face BYU Dec. 21 at 4 PM ET on ESPN. #LetsRide pic.twitter.com/Lc7HvhsU6B— WMU Football (@WMU_Football) December 2, 2018
Idaho Potato Bowl Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props via FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: WMU: (+370) | BYU: (-500)
Spread: WMU: +12.5 (-110) | BYU: -12.5 (-110)
Total: 52.5 | Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: WMU: (55%) | BYU: (45%)
Idaho Potato Bowl Betting Trends & Stats
- Despite going 7-5 on the year, Western Michigan was only 4-8-0 against the spread in 2018.
- BYU shared a tie for the sixth-best ATS record this year at 8-4-0.
- BYU has made a bowl game every year since 2005, compiling a 7-5 record across those 12 games. Meanwhile, this will be WMU's ninth bowl appearance in program history, and the Broncos are 1-7 in the previous eight.
- At plus-12, WMU is the second-largest underdog
- This will be the first time that BYU plays a MAC team in a bowl game. The Cougars are 5-4 all-time against the MAC.
BYU is 3-2 all-time v. Western Michigan. BYU’s last win over the Broncos came in the 1968 season opener at Kalamazoo, when the Cougars’ starting QB was @marclyonsbyu, who threw a TD pass in the 17-7 victory. Marc’s final radio broadcast will be BYU v. Western Michigan on Dec. 21.— Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) December 2, 2018
Each Team's Best Win
- Western Michigan: vs. Northern Illinois (28-21) - Nov. 20
- BYU: @ No. 6 Wisconsin (24-21)
Idaho Potato Bowl Prop Bets
- Home Team (WMU) Total: Over 20 Points (-115): Western Michigan might be a massive underdog, but the Broncos still have a good offense. The Broncos averaged 33.2 points per game during the season and even against a stout BYU defense, they should be able to get to 19 points.
Their pass eff def is amogst worst in CFB as well. On offense, BYU is very sound across the board. One team surpassed 400 yards offense and they have kept their past 6 opp to 327 yards or less w outputs of 7, 21, 16, 10, 35, three of those were their conf champs or runner ups.— FranchiseKF (@FranchiseKF) December 11, 2018
- Away Team (BYU) Total: Over 32.5 Points (-115): While the Broncos might have a good offense, they have a terrible defense. The WMU defense gave up 33.3 points per game this season and should struggle against a competent BYU offense playing nearly a home game.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Ian McCafferty is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Ian McCafferty also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username itmccaff. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.