Armed Forces Bowl Game Info
Houston Cougars (8-4) vs. Army Black Knights (10-2)
Date: Saturday, Dec. 22, 2018
Time: 3:30 p.m. EST
Armed Forces Bowl Betting Info
All betting odds, lines and props via FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: HOU: (+140) | ARMY: (-165)
Spread: HOU: +3 (-110) | ARMY: -3 (-110)
Total: 60.5 | Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: HOU: (29%) | ARMY: (71%)
Over the past 3 seasons – no interior defensive linemen has come close to the run-stopping ability of Ed Oliver pic.twitter.com/9HQi8EZ4t3— PFF College (@PFF_College) December 10, 2018
Armed Forces Bowl Betting Trends
- Houston will be without both its star QB, D'Eriq King, who is injured, and star defensive tackle and likely future first-round NFL Draft pick, Ed Oliver after Oliver announced he will be one of many players sitting out bowl games
- The Black Knights are 6-4-2 against the spread this season, while Houston is 6-6.
- Army has now completed its second consecutive 10-win season after going 126 years with just one 10-win season. A win over Houston would be Army's first 11-win season in school history.
- Houston and Army have met seven times total with the Cougars holding a 5-2 all-time series lead, but all seven matchups occurred between 1998 and 2004.
Each Team's Best Win
- Houston: vs. Tulane (48-17) – Nov. 15
- Army: vs. Buffalo (42-13) – Sept. 29
Armed Forces Bowl Prop Bets
- Away Team (Houston) Total: Over 28.5 Points (-105) – This year's Armed Forces Bowl will be a showdown between Houston's Top-10 scoring offense (No. 6) and Army's Top-20 scoring defense (No. 18). Houston finished the season scoring an impressive 44.3 points per game, and the Cougars never scored fewer than 41 points in any one game all year. However, the Black Knights defense allowed 29-plus points only once this season and held Oklahoma's No. 1 scoring offense (49.5 PPG) to just 21 points in regulation.
Without quarterback D'Eriq King and defensive tackle Ed Oliver, Houston finds itself short-handed in crucial areas against the Black Knights https://t.co/G7PRhZxtR5— SI Gambling (@SIGambling) December 12, 2018
- Home Team (Army) Total: Over 31.5 Points (-105) – Army's offense averaged 29.7 PPG this season and 23.7 PPG over its last three games. But the key point to remember here is Houston's No. 111 scoring defense allowing 36.3 PPG. Army scored 32-plus points in just three games this season, but Houston's defense allowed opponents to score 31-plus points six times.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.