The Masters Payout
The total value of the purse for The Masters in 2022 won't be revealed until Saturday, but it is expected to be higher than the $11.5 million it was in 2021, as is the amount going to the winner, which was just over $2 million in 2021.
The Masters Field
The Masters Payout History
The Masters has been hosted at Augusta National Golf Club since 1934. The first nine years saw the winner walk away with $1,500. It hit the seven-figure mark for the first time in 2001. It surpassed the $2 million mark for the first time in 2019, and it has been the same payout since then. It is expected to raise in 2022.
Here's a look at how much recent winners of The Masters made.
Recent Masters Payouts
1. 2021: Hideki Matsuyama ($2.07 million)
2. 2020: Dustin Johnson ($2.07 million)
3. 2019: Tiger Woods ($2.07 million)
4. 2018: Patrick Reed ($1.98 million)
5. 2017: Sergio Garcia ($1.98 million)
6. 2016: Danny Willett ($1.80 million)
7. 2015: Jordan Spieth ($1.80 million)
8. 2014: Bubba Watson ($1.62 million)
9. 2013: Adam Scott ($1.44 million)
10. 2012: Bubba Watson ($1.44 million)
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.