10 Fastest 40-Yard Dash Times in NFL Combine History
By Larry Rupp
It's safe to say there is no shortage of speed when it comes to the 2022 NFL Draft class. This year's combine saw more players post a 40-yard dash time faster than 4.4 seconds than ever before and featured the speediest groups at six different positions since 2003. That is a lot of quick players.
The expression "speed kills" is still relevant in today's league. In fact, 11 different teams finished with 10 or more 40-yard passing plays during the 2021 season. It begs the question of whether or not these players are truly a cut above the rest.
With that being said, let's take a look at the 10 fastest 40-yard dash times in NFL combine history.
Fastest 40-Yard Dash Times
1. John Ross, WR, Washington (2017): 4.22 seconds
2. Kalon Barnes, CB, Baylor (2022): 4.23 seconds
3. Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina (2008): 4.24 seconds (Tied)
4. Rondel Menedez, WR, Eastern Kentucky (1999): 4.24 seconds (Tied)
5. Dri Archer, RB, Kent State (2014): 4.26 seconds (Tied)
6. Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA (2022): 4.26 seconds (Tied)
7. Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton (2005): 4.26 seconds (Tied)
8. Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas (2013): 4.27 seconds (Tied)
9. Stanford Routt, CB, Houston (2005): 4.27 seconds (Tied)
10. Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama (2020): 4.27 seconds (Tied)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.