Cover Photo: Getty Images
Yankees vs Astros Game Info
New York Yankees (5-4, 3-0 Away) vs. Houston Astros (5-5, 3-0 Home)
Date: Monday, April 8, 2019
Time: 7 p.m. EST
Venue: Minute Maid Park – Houston, TX
Yankees vs Astros Probable Pitchers and Betting Info
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: NYY: (+132) | HOU: (-152)
Spread: NYY: +1.5 (-158) | HOU: -1.5 (+134)
Total: 7.5 – Over: (-114) | Under: (-108)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: NYY: 22% | HOU: 78%
Starting Pitcher: NYY: Masahiro Tanaka (1-0, 1.46 ERA) | HOU: Justin Verlander (1-0, 4.09 ERA)
Yankees vs Astros Betting Trends & Stats
- The New York Yankees are 5-4 against the spread (ATS) this season.
- The total has gone under in eight of Houston's 10 games this season.
- New York has won three straight games at Minute Maid Park, dating back to last season.
- Houston is 2-8 ATS on the season.
Yankees vs Astros Prop Bet
All Yankees-Astros betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Justin Verlander Total Strikeouts: Over 8.5 (+110) – The Yankees are averaging 9.1 strikeouts per game this season, and that's with six of their nine games coming against a weaker Orioles' pitching staff. Aaron Judge has struck out in 16 of his 35 at-bats this season and is 0-for-6 with three strikeouts against Verlander in his career. The Astros' starter has also struck out Giancarlo Stanton five times in eight career appearances.
Big Cat, Cash Back - If Tiger takes home the green jacket, we’ll give you back your entry fees — even if he’s not in your lineup. Contest locks at 7 am ET on 4/11. Only lineups in the $1M PGA Mega Eagle contest on April 11, 2019 will count toward this promotion. https://www.fanduel.com/big-cat-cash-back
Ian McCafferty is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Ian McCafferty also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username itmccaff. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.