Yankees vs Rangers Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for May 8 Doubleheader Game 1
The MLB slate on Sunday includes the New York Yankees facing the Texas Rangers.
All the info you need to make smart bets on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook can be found below. Check out all of the latest MLB betting lines here.
Yankees vs Rangers Game Info
- New York Yankees (17-7) vs. Texas Rangers (10-14)
- Date: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Venue: Yankee Stadium -- The Bronx, New York
Yankees vs Rangers Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NYY: (-240) | TEX: (+198)
- Spread: NYY: -1.5 (-113) | TEX: +1.5 (-106)
- Total: 7 -- Over: (-114) | Under: (-106)
Yankees vs Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers
The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Yankees looking to Gerrit Cole (2-0), and Jon Gray (0-1) answering the bell for the Texas Rangers.
Yankees vs Rangers Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Yankees win (65.8%)
Yankees vs Rangers Moneyline
New York is a -240 favorite on the moneyline, while Texas is a +198 underdog on the road.
Yankees vs Rangers Spread
The Yankees are 1.5-run home favorites on the runline against the Rangers. The Yankees are -113 to cover, and the Rangers are -106.
Yankees vs Rangers Over/Under
The over/under for the Yankees versus Rangers game on May 8 has been set at 7, with -114 odds on the over and -106 odds on the under.
Yankees vs Rangers Betting Trends
- The Yankees have come away with 13 wins in the 20 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- This season, New York has been victorious six times in seven chances when named as a favorite of at least -196 or better on the moneyline.
- Contests with New York have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in seven of 21 chances this season.
- The Rangers have been the underdog on the moneyline 19 total times this season. They've gone 9-10 in those games.
- Texas has played as a moneyline underdog of +164 or longer in only two games this season, which they split 1-1.
- Texas has played in 24 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 11 times (11-11-2).