Tigers vs Astros Odds, Probable Pitchers and Prop Bets for Monday, August 19
By Dan Israeli
Tigers vs Astros Game Info
Detroit Tigers (37-84, 20-41 Away) vs. Houston Astros (79-46, 43-15 Home)
Date: Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
Time: 8:10 p.m. EST
Venue: Minute Maid Park – Houston, TX
Tigers vs Astros Betting Info & Probable Pitchers
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: DET: (+340) | HOU: (-420)
Spread: DET: +1.5 (+166) | HOU: -1.5 (-196)
Total: 10 – Over: (-108) | Under: (-114)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: DET: 19% | HOU: 81%
Probable Pitcher: DET: Edwin Jackson (3-5, 8.62 ERA) | HOU: Wade Miley (11-4, 3.11 ERA)
Tigers vs Astros Betting Trends
- Detroit is 6-1 against the spread (ATS) in its last seven road games.
- Detroit is 4-1 ATS in its last five games.
- Houston is 5-0 straight up in its last five games against Detroit.
- Houston is 5-0 ATS in its last five home games.
Tigers vs Astros Stats
- Detroit is averaging 3.61 runs per game this season (No. 30 in MLB).
- Houston is averaging 5.48 runs per game this season (No. 5 in MLB).
- Edwin Jackson is 2-2 with a 4.09 ERA in 10 career appearances (nine starts) against Houston.
- Wade Miley is 1-0 with a 6.48 ERA in five career start against Detroit.
Tigers vs Astros Prop Bet
All Tigers-Astros betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Wade Miley - Strikeouts: Over 4.5 (-152) – It's been an impressive first season in Houston for Miley, who currently owns a 3.11 ERA and an 11-4 record. Miley has only 117 strikeouts in 141 2/3 innings pitched on the season, but he has notched six Ks in each of his last two home starts. Going against the league's worst offense in the Tigers (No. 30 in runs per game in MLB), Miley could pitch deeper into the game, which would boost his strikeout total potential. The Tigers are also striking out more than any team in baseball, averaging 9.93 Ks per game on the season.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.