The Duel
NFL - Betting - deleted

Super Bowl Spread: Only a Field Goal Separates Chiefs and Buccaneers for 2021 Super Bowl 55

By David Hayes
Super Bowl 2021: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers spread separate these two teams by a single field goal ahead of Sunday's matchup.
Super Bowl 2021: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers spread separate these two teams by a single field goal ahead of Sunday's matchup. / Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images
facebooktwitterreddit

Super Bowl LV is set with Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers hosting Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs as the first team to play a Super Bowl in their home stadium this Sunday, Feb. 7 at 6:30 p.m. EST on CBS.

Super Bowl Spread

Since last Sunday's AFC Championship and NFC Championship finals, with the Bucs vanquishing Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers and the Chiefs eliminating the Buffalo Bills, this year's Super Bowl LV spread has been stable at 3 points in KC's favor, according to FanDuel Sportsbook.

SB 2021 Odds

However, the odds on either end of those 3 points are not the same. As of this article's publication on Thursday, Feb. 4, the odds on either side of that 3-point spread also favor Kansas City at -120 and +100 on the Bucs +3.

Furthermore, the sheer volume of bets also favor the Chiefs at -3 rather than the Bucs at +3. According to numberFire, 67 percent of the spread bets on FanDuel Sportsbook support the Chiefs at -3, with the remaining 33 percent backing the Buccaneers at +3.

Similarly, the total money placed on either side of that 3-point spread heavily supports the Chiefs, with 80 percent of the spread handle backing the Chiefs and the remaining 20 percent backing the Buccaneers.


Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!


David Hayes is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David Hayes also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username DavidWHayes. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.

facebooktwitterreddit