Red Sox vs Astros Odds, Probable Pitchers and Prop Bets for Friday, May 24
Cover Photo: Getty Images
Red Sox vs Astros Game Info
Boston Red Sox (27-23, 14-13 Away) vs. Houston Astros (33-18, 18-6 Home)
Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
Time: 8:10 p.m. EST
Venue: Minute Maid Park – Houston, TX
Red Sox vs Astros Betting Info & Probable Pitchers
All betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline: BOS: (-136) | HOU: (+118)
Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+112) | HOU: +1.5 (-130)
Total: 8.5 – Over: (-122) | Under: (+100)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: BOS: 41% | HOU: 59%
Probable Pitcher: BOS: Chris Sale (1-5, 4.31 ERA) | HOU: Wade Miley (4-2, 3.51 ERA)
Red Sox vs Astros Betting Trends & Stats
- The total has hit the over in eight of Boston's last 12 games.
- Boston is 4-1 straight up in its last five games.
- The total has hit the under in seven of Houston's last eight games.
- Houston is 12-3 straight up in its last 15 games.
Red Sox vs Astros Prop Bet
All Red Sox-Astros betting lines, odds and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Chris Sale Strikeouts: Over 8.5 (+103) – Sale is starting to round into form, after a brutal start to the season, and he's been racking up strikeouts at a ridiculous rate recently. Over his last six starts, Sale has fanned 69 hitters, averaging 11.5 Ks per game during that stretch. Additionally, Sale has fanned at least 10 hitters in five of those six starts, even striking out 17 batters on May 14. Even though the Houston Astros are a formidable opponent, Sale has been pitching too well to ignore.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
Max Staley is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Max Staley also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username mstaley1212. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.