The race for the NFL MVP award has really shifted in the last couple of seasons. For 11 years from 2007 to 2017, eight of the 11 wins belonged to players who now have multiple MVP awards to their name (Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers).
The last two seasons, however, have brought us two new winners, both of whom were in their first season as full-time starting quarterbacks.
Heading into Week 1, the odds on FanDuel Sportsbook suggest we're likely to see a repeat winner again in 2020. Patrick Mahomes, 2018 NFL MVP, is the clear favorite, while 2019 winner Lamar Jackson is tied with Russell Wilson for the second-best odds.
Here are the top 25 players in FanDuel Sportsbook odds to win NFL MVP in 2020.
2020 NFL MVP Odds
1. Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs (+380)
2. Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens (+700)
3. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks (+700)
4. Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys (+1200)
5. Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles (+1700)
6. Deshaun Watson, QB, Houston Texans (+1700)
7. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints (+1700)
8. Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1800)
9. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers (+2300)
10. Kyler Murray, QB, Arizona Cardinals (+2300)
11. Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns (+2900)
12. Cam Newton, QB, New England Patriots (+3200)
13. Philip Rivers, QB, Indianapolis Colts (+3400)
14. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, San Francisco 49ers (+3500)
15. Josh Allen, QB, Buffalo Bills (+3800)
16. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers (+4400)
17. Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons (+4400)
18. Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions (+4400)
19. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Carolina Panthers (+5000)
20. Derrick Henry, RB, Tennessee Titans (+5000)
21. Jared Goff, QB, Los Angeles Rams (+5000)
22. Kirk Cousins, QB, Minnesota Vikings (+5000)
23. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Tennessee Titans (+5000)
24. Drew Lock, QB, Denver Broncos (+5500)
25. Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants (+5500)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $500!
Jason Schandl is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Jason Schandl also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username Jaymun. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in his articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.