Charlotte Hornets guard LaMelo Ball has surged back ahead as the favorite to win the 2020-21 NBA Rookie of the Year Award, according to FanDuel Sportsbook's NBA futures.
Ball started the season as the favorite, but has separated himself now as a -145 favorite to win the award. Despite sub-par shooting at 40.1% FG and 31.2% from the arc, Ball is still averaging 11.3 points per game with an uptick in rebounds (6.1) assists (5.9).
Less than a month ago, Golden State Warriors center James Wiseman moved up as co-favorite at +320, but he's since dropped back to +700.
Taking his spot at second place in the odds is Sacramento Kings guard Tyrese Haliburton (+350).
The top-7 players at the top of the NBA Rookie of the Year list are all averaging between 10 and 12.2 points per game. Here are your current MVP favorites as the final week of basketball action continues in January.
1. LaMelo Ball, G, Charlotte Hornets (-145)
2. Tyrese Haliburton, G, Sacramento Kings (+350)
3. James Wiseman, C, Golden State Warriors (+700)
4. Anthony Edwards, SG, Minnesota Timberwolves (+1600)
5. Cole Anthony, PG, Orlando Magic (+1600)
6. Immanuel Quickley, PG, New York Knicks (+1600)
7. Tyrese Maxey, PG, Philadelphia 76ers (+3000)
8. Obi Toppin, PF, New York Knicks (+4600)
9. Payton Pritchard, PG, Boston Celtics (+4600)
10. Deni Avdija, SF, Washington Wizards (+5500)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!