The NBA Defensive Player of the Year award remains a three-man race at the top of the NBA futures market. But the odds of the top-two favorites have flipped over the last two weeks.
Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert (+120) is now the favorite with Anthony Davis (+300) of the Los Angeles Lakers sitting in second. Davis falls from the top spot as favorite just two weeks ago, and the Lakers star missed his second straight game Feb. 10 with an Achilles injury. Surging Myles Turner (+350) of the Indiana Pacers remains third with even better odds than he had two weeks ago.
The Utah Jazz (20-5) have the best record in the NBA just ahead of the defending champs Los Angeles Lakers (20-6).
Gobert is No. 3 in the NBA in rebounds per game (13.5), and leads all players on this list. He's also No. 2 in the league in blocks per game (2.7) behind league-leader Myles Turner (3.5). In terms of defensive rating, Gobert and Davis are tied atop the league with both sitting at 100.3.
Gobert and Davis are the one's to watch as defensive dominators on top teams. Here's FanDuel Sportsbook's updated list of leaders and odds for NBA Defensive Player of the Year as the season approaches the two-month mark.
1. Rudy Gobert, C, Utah Jazz (+120)
2. Anthony Davis, F/C, Los Angeles Lakers (+300)
3. Myles Turner, F/C, Indiana Pacers (+350)
4. Giannis Antetokounmpo, F, Milwaukee Bucks (+1200)
5. Ben Simmons, PG, Philadelphia 76ers (+1300)
6. Joel Embiid, C, Philadelphia 76ers (+1300)
7. Draymond Green, F/C, Golden State Warriors (+4900)
8. Bam Adebayo, F/C, Miami Heat (+6500)
9. Kawhi Leonard, SF, Los Angeles Clippers (+6500)
10. Marcus Smart, PG, Boston Celtics (+6500)
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!