NBA All-Star Weekend 2020 3-Point Contest Time, Format and Betting Odds
NBA All-Star Weekend 3-Point Contest Info
Contest Format: Each player will have 70 seconds to shoot a total of 27 balls (five racks of five balls). Four of the racks have four balls worth one point and the fifth ball is worth two points (the money ball). The fifth and final rack will be comprised of entirely money balls. This year there is a new wrinkle. There will be two additional green balls placed six feet behind the 3-point line, which will be worth three points. This makes the new possible high score 40 points.
Round 1: All nine shooters take their turn, the three highest scores will advance to the Championship Round.
Championship Round: The order will go from the lowest Round 1 score to highest. Whichever of those three remaining players records the highest score in this round will be declared the winner.
When is NBA All-Star Weekend 3-Point Contest?
Date: Saturday, Feb. 15 2020
Time: Following the 2020 NBA All-Star Weekend Skills Challenge, which starts at 8 p.m. EST
Venue: United Center – Chicago, IL
NBA All-Star 3-Point Contest Betting Info
All betting odds and lines are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Moneyline Odds to Win:
- Joe Harris (+300)
- Trae Young (+350)
- Davis Bertans (+460)
- Duncan Robinson (+460)
- Devin Booker (+550)
- Buddy Hield (+750)
- Zach LaVine (+950)
- Devonte Graham (+1200)
NBA All-Star Weekend 3-Point Contest Betting Trends & Stats
- Joe Harris is the defending champion after winning the 2019 NBA All-Star Weekend 3-Point Contest.
- This will be the first time the contest has not featured either Steph Curry or Klay Thompson since 2012.
- Davis Bertans (.424) and Harris (.408) rank 10th and 21st in 3-point shooting percentage this season, respectively.
- The field is smaller this season, shrinking from 10 to eight contestants.
- Devonte Graham is fifth in total 3-pointers made this season (190), with 14 games of six or more made 3-pointers this season.
- Of the seven contestants, six of them rank in the top 10 in total 3-pointers made this season – Buddy Hield (third), Duncan Robinson (fourth), Graham (fifth), Trae Young (sixth), Zach LaVine (eighth), Bertans (ninth).
- Devin Booker, who is replacing the injured Damian Lillard, won this contest in 2018.
Join FanDuel Sportsbook Today. New users get a risk-free bet up to $500. Join Now.
David Kaestle is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, David also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username davekaestle. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.