The 2021 NFL free agency period is rapidly approaching, but first up is Tuesday's franchise tag deadline.
How Does the Franchise Tag Work?
The NFL franchise tag allows teams to designate one player to retain for a single season without negotiation. This gives the player a one-year, fully guaranteed contract at a value of either 120% of their previous salary, or the average of the top five salaries at the player's position (whichever is higher).
Teams have been using the tag liberally in 2021, so with that in mind here is a list of of all the players to receive the franchise tag this offseason.
List of Franchise Tag Players
1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Cam Robinson, OT
2. Denver Broncos: Justin Simmons, S
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Chris Godwin, WR
4. New York Jets: Marcus Maye, S
5. Carolina Panthers: Taylor Moton, T
6. Washington: Brandon Scherff, G
7. New York Giants: Leonard Williams, DL
8. Dallas Cowboys: Dak Prescott, QB*
* Prescott received the franchise tag as a procedural move, but has signed a long-term deal with the Cowboys.
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook today and get your first bet risk free for up to $1,000!
Jason Schandl is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Jason Schandl also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username Jaymun. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in his articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.